Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tired Mommy with Sweet Little Rascals

So, haven't blogged in awhile. I've been pretty tired lately actually. I've upped my workouts at the gym and instead of feeling energized, I'm pretty much pooped for the rest of the day. I always wonder why I can't get things done...probably because I feel like I'm in a thick fog of tiredness all the time. So, I'm on a quest this week to figure this out. I've completely revamped my eating to make sure that i'm getting the nutrients I need. Now, I'm experimenting to see if I'm just dehydrated. I drastically increased my cardio workouts where I'm sweating buckets, so I'm sure water is the logical solution. We'll See. Hmmm... am I rambling? I feel sort of bad because I'm on the cranky side when I don't feel good. And, when Adam says with a concerned look on his face, "Mommy, you're not being very soft with me", then I know I'm not quite myself. Just Great! My kids are learning to be monsters from ME! Yeah, speaking of monsters, today was one of those monster days. After my workout at the gym this morning I return to child care to learn that Adam was put in timeout 4 times!Twice for throwing toys at his brother, once for attacking another kid, and once for hitting. Evidently, he begged the mom that was watching him not to tell his mommy. Am I that scary? So when we got to the car I asked him how it had gone playing with his friends. He said, "Great!". So then the prying began. "Are you sure?" Adam, "Yes, it was good." He's sort of in a lying phase right now anyway, but I felt sad that he couldn't tell me because he was afraid he'd get in trouble. Tell, me, is this normal? The lying and hiding for fear of being found out? Anyway, later in the day I hear Lincoln crying, 'Me out! Me out!" I ran to find that Adam had locked themselves in the bathroom and he was exfixiating(spell?) them with my bottle of hair spray. I walked in there and could hardly breath! Wet hair spray was all over the walls, toilet and floor, ....and Lincoln's body! I panicked because of Lincoln's asthma, sticking Adam in timeout while I cleaned off Lincoln and fanned out the bathroom. Evidently, Adam had tried to open the door but couldn't due to wet hairspray hands. So, he decided the only logical thing to do was to keep spraying! Oh! I think I've got a grey hair....can you see it?......no really it's right there.... look! (Sigh!) I suppose this doesn't hold a candle to the time he painted my dining room and kitchen with black acrylic paint does it? Rob and I have been talking about having another baby soon. But,... I think I just might have to put that off a little longer because I don't think my nerves can handle it. Mom, how did you ever do 13?! Forever in awe at that amazing feat! How is it possible that these darling little faces can wreak so much havoc in such a short period of time? But, you know....I wouldn't trade them for anything! I'm so thrilled to be the mommy to these little rascals!

6 comments:

KTLADY said...

Oh Kara, you must have done something to deserve this. Just kidding! But you are a fireball, and I bet Adam takes after his mommy for sure! I'm sure you're doing a wonderful job! I think you're awesome. LOVE YOU! Katie

Shawny said...

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself from laughing! The hairspray incident was too much! Isn't motherhood great!

My Many Coloured Days said...

I bet there are more Mom's with active blogs than any other "group" of individuals. Kids keep us with so much writing material! I'm with you on being pooped lately - but am impressed that yours is from working out. If you find the secret to not being tired, please share. I have 0 advice when it comes to having another baby. It is definately hard work.

griffinsgal said...

Hey, Kara! Do you remember me?? It's me, Sister Tarzian, from Farmington, NM...aka: Christina! You are so cute! E-mail me sometime: navajogal1@yahoo.com

Missy said...

Oh, Kara. Yes, yes, and yes. It's all normal. Or at least it's all normal at our house, too. Love you!

Julia said...

I understand the motherhood pains, and it's nice to know that other Mommies get a little crazy too. I know when I'm getting a little crazy with my kids when Abe says to me "Mommy where's your happy face? I don't see it!"

Well I finally updated my blog and it's taken me quite a while, but I did "tag" you, so check out my blog and see how it works.
http://darrenandjuliarosenlund.blogspot.com
Have Fun!