Sunday, March 22, 2009

News of the Week

I suppose most of you know already by now, but I figured I'd make an official announcement on my blog for those that might not know yet. The Brandt's are having another baby! I find out in a couple of weeks what we are having. It's been a pretty rough pregnancy but I now am feeling much better and more myself. They actually have me on a small dose of Zoloft which has helped my moods tremendously. There is definitely a different mix of hormones going on with this pregnancy. So you can imagine we are very anxious to find out the sex. I will be having another c-section. They've scheduled me for the 28th of August for now. I'm a little sceptical about the date because it's a week before my due date. Both my boys had some breathing problems at birth so I worry that that will happen again. Anyway, we are very excited for this next little one. Adam originally wanted a baby sister but now that he realizes that she will probably want to watch princess movies, he's strongly opposed to a sister. He also thinks that the baby should be named "chimpzilla" if it's a boy. Sorry buddy!

6 comments:

Shawny said...

I was going to send you an e-mail to get the confirmation given your post on our blog. Congrats! That's so exciting!! I seriously think something is in the air. Everyone I know that is pregnant has said the pregnancy has been the hardest so far. I know it has been true for me! It's supposed to get easier the more you have, right?!

Suzanne said...

Congrats Kara! How exciting!

The Wilsons said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you! I hope it gets better for you-and I hope you do have a girl-sorry Adam!

Lyndsey said...

Congrats Kara! I am so happy for you - my pregnancy was totally different with a girl than with the boys, so Adam may just behaving to watch a few princess movies! I love reading about your homeschooling experiences - you are my hero!!

Tiffany said...

haha so cute that the princess movies changed his mind about wanting a sister. He loves to tell Lukas at church that his purple/pink ties are for girls... he definitely is all boy :)