Monday, July 31, 2006

Kids say the darn'dest things

We've been having a problem lately with our oldest hurting the baby. It doesn't seem to matter what we say or do to discipline him. He just doesn't seem to get it! I really don't think he's trying to deliberately hurt him. I just think he wants so bad to wrestle and play rough. So on one of these recent occasions, my husband took him to his room and sat him down. He said, "this has been happening too much and has to stop. What do you think a good consequence for hurting your brother would be?" My son says, "I get chocwit(chocolate)". Heck, I like that! Maybe I should get chocolate every time I yell at him.

1 comments:

My Many Coloured Days said...

You guys need to start reading our new book "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". He'd love it! Maybe each time he hurts is brother he doesn't get to read from the book for the day? I dont' know... usually they need something more immediate... good luck! Let me know what works.