Sunday, October 28, 2007

We can't do without our Dad!

One reason why Dad's are irreplaceable;

Adam: "Mom, have I been good to get Harry Potter tonight?"
M: "Yes, but I don't know if Daddy will be home in time to read it to you. I would be happy to read it to you instead."
Adam: "No. You don't know how to do all the voices."
M: "How do you know? I bet I could do them okay."
Adam: "But Mom, it's in a different language."
M: (giggle)
Adam: "You know the language they speak on Kipper? That's the one."

One reason why Dad's are, well... somewhat bendable?;

Lights are out, Mommy says goodnight and Daddy lays with the boys for a bit.( Adam is crying because he lost his Harry Potter time due to an incident right before bed that involved hurting his brother and laughing.) This is the conversation after I left the room and how it transpired.

Adam: crying and extremely disappointed, "I really wanted to read Harry Potter tonight! Please can I earn it back?"
Dad: "Didn't mom say you lost your priviledge?"
Adam: "I'm pretty sure she said I could earn it back!"
Dad: "Are you sure she said that?"
Adam: "Yes! She said I could earn it back tonight." (still crying)
Dad: "Well, if that's what she said maybe it's okay...um Adam, I'd better check with mom first." (good boy! Normally he would have given in but has since learned better!)
Adam: "No! She really did say I could earn it back."
Dad: Sticking his head into our room asked, "Adam says you said he could earn back Harry Potter."
M: "No, I said he could be good tomorrow and have Harry Potter time then." (loud enough for Adam to hear)
Adam: "Oh man! I didn't want you to find that out!"

6 comments:

Ally said...

He is too smart for his own good. Who do you think he takes after when he does that kind of stuff? It has to be you!! (hehehe)

KTLADY said...

Oh man, I love the dialog. Adam is quite a clever little man. Thanks for sharing your fun stories. And yes, I do have to agree that the little attitude definitely came from MOMMY!! You're quite the spunky individual. Love you! Katie

My Many Coloured Days said...

Only reason why single parenting is easier!

The Wilsons said...

LOL! Great conversation. And I have so enjoyed your other recent posts--I haven't been good at commenting lately, but I've been uplifted and inspired by your blog. Thanks! :)

Maria said...

hahahahaha

Missy said...

I love that story! Especially about how you just don't speak "Kipper."